The Underdog luthiers!

And a beautiful, unique Tzouras!

At my first attempt, back in 2010, researching to find a luthier who would build my custom made bouzouki, I stumbled on the name of Giannis Tsoulogiannis.

He was not a famous, or well known luthier, but he possessed talent , skills, knowledge, and passion for the traditional lutherie.

An "underdog" maker, as I use to call him, who proved to be a master class luthier creating instruments with great sound.

Inspired and attracted by Giannis story,the last 3 years in research, I discovered , met, and became friend with a lot of other " underdog" luthiers who possess great skills in instrument making.

They are not your common, famous, professional, Greek names of Athens, you read about in forums and articles.

They are rather the low profile, gifted, talented and inspirational bouzouki makers, who create small miracles every time they transform, with their bare hands and the help of few tools , woods into sounds and harmonies !

Their common characteristic , is their great love for the traditional lutherie!

A lot of times at the question of blog followers, which luthier I recommend , I replied:

-Do a good research ! They are out there so many unknown, amateur luthiers with great talent and a great heart!
Take the risk, and find yours. I took the risks and I found mine!

I present you in this post the work and passion of another " underdog" luthier , whom I met through my blog , became friend, and got inspired by his great love and talent in traditional lutherie.

His name, Giorgos Isidorou, known for years, through his excellent blog, as luthierschool.blogspot.com

Inspired by some of my designs, as he states, he created a unique tzoura, with great aesthetics, construction and sound !

Totally hand made, using mahogany for the body and the neck, ebony for the fretboard, AAA spruce for the soundboard , boumpinka, natural sea shell, maple, tortoise, and mahogany for the decoration, Giorgos created a small miracle !

Following a personal note by the luthier , and a set of photographs illustrating the construction progress by his talented hands.

<< This construction is dedicated to the excellent friend Spyro (memories of the innocent age) with my best wishes for future artistic creations >>

http://luthierschool.blogspot.com/


















































Comments

  1. Φίλε Σπύρο τα λόγια σου είναι πραγματικά πολύ τιμητικά για μένα,σε ευχαριστώ ειλικρινά μέσα από την καρδιά μου,εύχομαι ό,τι καλύτερο για σένα και τους ανθρώπους που αγαπάς,πάντα υγεία και πολλές καλλιτεχνικές δημιουργίες!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts