Echoes of a by-gone era.

Memories of Sunday!


When the beautiful smell of basil and jasmine outside the window, and the sweet sound of "laterna", was fulfilling our hearts every Sunday morning,... just returning back from church, and before listening our favorite soccer game on the radio.
Posted on youtube by toy2day




.
Ahh.. the soccer games! I remember Sunday afternoons when my grandfather (a dedicated follower of Panachaiki team) use to put me at the back of his old Vespa, and take me, to the soccer stadium, to watch his favorite team playing against the big names of Athens and Thessaloniki.
Just before passing the big gates, he use to purchase for me a Styrofoam panel for the tier, and the small, round plastic bottle of Lux orange juice. A sweat treat I will never forget.

Comments

Popular Posts